Dr. Vinod Kumar, MS(Ortho)PGI, MCh(ortho) FSASMS(Ortho), Ex-Registrar PGI, Chandigarh, Fellowship in Joint Replacement Surgery
(Director Orthopedic Department, Ivy Hospital , Sector 71 Mohali)
Joint Replacement Surgeon
Has done MS (Ortho)from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Chandigarh (PGIMER), under very renowned Joint replacement surgeon & received medal in MS exams. Then worked as a registrar for 3 years in Orthopedic Department at PGIMER Chandigarh. He has done research work in field of joint replacement during residency , also performed life demonstration surgeries for total knee/hip replacement in various CMEs’ and participated in more than 30 CMEs’.
He is a medalist in MS (Ortho) exam, completed AO Basic(2003) and Advanced International course(2004) in Traumatology , after this done Fellowship in Advance Study of Medical Science in Orthopedic (FSASMS). & fellowship joint replacement. Mch done in 2012(American institute of medicine).
Received VISHISHT CHIKITSA MEDAL in 2004.
Dr. Jaspreet Singh Sran - MBBS, M.S Orth, MCh Orth (U.K)
Dr Jaspreet Singh Sran did his Master of Orthopaedic Surgery Degree (MS Ortho) from Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, under Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Punjab. He had secured First Position in the University Examinations among the candidates in MS Orthopaedics by securing 567 marks out of 800. He did his MCh Orthopaedics Degree from University of Dundee, United Kingdom (U.K) & MCh Orthopaedics a certification course from the University of Seychelles American Institute of Medicine, Seychelles. Dr Sran had experience in more than 2,000 Joint Replacement surgeries.
Further he did advanced training in Joint Replacements and Adult Joint Reconstructive Surgeries, in form of international fellowship trainings such as:
• Ranawat Fellowship in Adult Reconstruction & Total Joint under Professor Dr. Chitranjan S. Ranawat, New York, USA
• Fellowship in Joint Replacement and Articular Surface Replacement under Dr. Thomas Siebel, Germany
• Fellowship in Joint Replacements and Arthroscopy under Dr. N Bohler, Professor and Head of Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Austria
He has gained experience of Orthopaedics & Joint Replacements at various leading Hospitals like Fortis Hospital Mohali, DMC&H Ludhiana, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGI) Chandigarh, Nine wells Hospital (U.K), Hospital for Special Surgery (USA), Knappscafts Hospital (Germany), AKH Hospital (Austria).
Dr. Sran has also been honoured with Prestigious “RASHTRIYA GAURAV AWARD” And Certificate Of Excellence for Outstanding Performance And Remarkable Role in field of Orthopaedics By H.H. Iqbal Singh Lt Governor of Puducherry and GVG Krishnamurthy Former Election Commissioner of India on the Seminar of Economic Growth And National Integration by IIFS at New Delhi along with “THE BEST CITIZENS OF INDIA AWARD” for his meritorious services & achievements in the field of Orthopaedics by International Publishing House.
He provides his services in the following highly technically demanding surgeries:
• Primary & Revision Total Knee replacement
• Hi-Flexion Total Knee Replacement
• Primary & Revision Total Hip Replacement
• Minimal Invasive Joint Replacement
• Primary and Revision Shoulder Replacement
• Uni-compartmental knee replacement
• Management of Complex Peri prosthetic fractures in Joint Replacement
• Arthroscopies of Knee and Shoulder
Dr. Amit Kapoor - DNB Orthopaedics, Fellow Spine (Singapore)
Ivy Hospital announces the starting of the State of Art Specialised Spine Services.
Dr Amit Kapoor will be providing the whole spectrum of Tertiary Spine Care and will be running a dedicated Spine Clinic. Spine Clinic will be on every:
• Friday and Saturday at Ivy Hospital, Mohali
• Tuesday at Ivy Hospital, Khanna
• Thursday at Ivy Hospital, Nawashahr
He is an Orthopaedic Surgeon with super specialization in Spine.
After specializing in Orthopaedics from the Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Accident Surgery, Madurai, he gained experience as a senior resident at PGI Chandigarh and AIIMS New Delhi for around 3 years. At AIIMS, he got the privilege of working with Dr Arvind Jaiswal, one of the pioneers in Spine surgery. His further gained advanced training and experience at Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore and during Clinical Spine Fellowship at Singapore General Hospital, Singapore. He has a number of national and international publications to his credit.
He provides services for the complete spectrum of spine problems including spinal trauma, scoliosis(spinal deformity), spondylolisthesis, spinal stenosis, lumbar and cervical disc prolapse, cervical myelopathy, spinal infections, tumors, osteoporotic compression fractures. He special interests include minimal assess surgery (MIS) and deformity correction.
Education and Experience
• MBBS from Government Medical College, Amritsar.
• DNB Orthopaedics, 2008, from Institute of Orthopaedic Research and Accident Surgery, Madurai.
• PGI, Chandigarh.
• AIIMS, New Delhi (September, 2008 to February, 2011).
• Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore (February, 2011 to October, 2011).
• Fellow, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore (November, 2011 to July, 2012).
Accomplishments and Awards
• Participated in more than twenty National and International meetings and workshops.
• Seven National and International Publications.
• Presented research papers and won awards.
Areas of Interest
• Spine Surgery: Diagnosis and nonsurgical and surgical management of any problem from neck to the tail bone.
• Knee and Hip: Arthroplasty/ Arthroscopy
• Pelvic and Acetabular Fractures
• Complex Trauma
• Deformity in Children.
• Management of Osteoporosis
• ATLS provider (Advanced Trauma Life Support, American College of Surgeons).
• Member: Indian Orthopaedics Association
• Member: AO Spine International, Switzerland
• Member: Indian Federation of Sports Medicine
Special Accomplishments in Spine Surgery:
• Only surgeon in the Chandigarh Tricity, practicing the technique of Minimal Access Spine Surgery for lumbar fusion.
• Regularly performing Microscopic Disc surgeries.
• Only centre in the Tricity for correction of complex paediatric and adolescent spine deformities.
• Has successfully performed complex spine surgeries in patients upto the age of 82 years.
• Management of any problem of spine from the neck till the tail bone.